What is AAT?
AAT stands for the Association of Accounting Technicians. AAT is the world’s leading professional membership body for accounting technicians. AAT award around 90% of all vocational qualifications in accounting.
What Do AAT Do and What Qualifications Do They Offer?
- The Association of Accounting Technicians primarily award three accounting qualifications:
– Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
– Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
– Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
AAT also offer a Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business (for 16-19 year olds) in this sector as well as a number of qualifications in AAT bookkeeping, small business finance, access accounting skills, amongst others.
- AAT have an extensive branch network where members can go to events organised by AAT in their local areas and receive support, training, and network with other AAT members
- AAT work across the globe with around 140,000 members in over 90 countries. Their members represent all levels in the accounting field from students, to self-employed business owners and chartered accountants.
- AAT works with almost 600 AAT approved training providers around the world. Providers are further education colleges, private AAT approved training centres, or distance learning providers who deliver the qualifications and provide training for students.
What Does Being AAT Qualified Mean?
Becoming AAT qualified means that you could work in the accounts department of a variety of businesses, in a range of industries. It also means you could set up your own accounting firm.
AAT qualifications combine essential accountancy knowledge with practical accounting skills. They can lead to higher levels of professional accountancy qualifications, including ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA and ICAEW – full chartered accountant status.
Accountancy Covers a Wide Variety of Roles, in Areas Such As:
- Business Restructuring
- Corporate Finance
- Company Financial Control
- Double Bookkeeping
- Financial Legislation & Compliance
- Fund Management
- Investment Banking
- Management Consultancy
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Offshore Trusts
- Tax Consultancy